On March 18, 2020, the Department of Charitable Gaming suspended all licenses for charitable gaming, which affects our income significantly. As with all organizations, we have expenses that continue. In order to survive, we need help from our alumni to help us through this COVID-19 period of time.
Seneca Past & Present Inc. (SPP), which is Seneca High School’s Alumni Association became incorporated on May 6, 2010. On August 17, 2011, we acquired 501c3 status from the IRS that gives us exemption from federal income tax and also allows donations given to our organization to be tax-deductible. Since we became a charitable organization, we qualified to become a licensed charitable gaming organization. We began conducting charitable gaming at Sunshine Bingo Center located at 5712 Outer Loop in Louisville, KY in January 2012 after acquiring our gaming license. Charitable gaming is our major source of income. Since 2015, we have earned over $725,000 in profits from charitable gaming. We have received about $100,000 in donations. Over $86,000 of the $100,000 came from Seneca alumni. We hope someday that alumni donations will be our major source of income. Currently, only 14% of our income is from alumni & corporate donations.
Donations that we make to Seneca High School are requested from various sources and after approval from Seneca’s Principal are considered by SPP’s board of directors for approval.
List of some of SPP’s donations to Seneca High School are:
- Ron Cain Football Stadium Scoreboard
- Basketball, Baseball & Softball Scoreboards
- Softball Field Renovation
- Weight Room Renovation & Upgrade
- Basketball Shooting Machine
- Boys & Girls Basketball Tournament Trips
- Softball Bleachers
- John Deere Gator
- Sports Physicals
- Painting of foyer of Basketball Arena
- Painting of Football & Girls B’ball Locker Rooms
- Sponsoring of Hall of Fame Induction Banquet
- Transportation for Scholar Development
- Senior College Trips to visit campuses
- Senior Events (Breakfast, t-shirts & Cookout)
- 30 Desktop Computers
- 30 iPads, iPad Covers & peripheral equipment
- 33 Mini Laptops & Charging Cart
- Chromebooks & Charger for JMROTC
- Chromebooks & Charger for World Language
- 4 Automated External Defibrillators
- Orchestra Strings, Racks for Wooden Instruments
- Yamaha Keyboard
- Interactive Display for Music Room
- Band Uniforms
- JMROTC, Band Room & Library Carpeting
- Band Room Renovation for Orchestra & Band
- Voice Activated Recording System for Courtroom
- Agriculture Science’s Special Furniture
- Copiers for Library & JMROTC Compound
- Patient Care Technician Program Uniforms
It is with great humility that we request a donation to Seneca Past & Present, Inc. Donations can be made via credit or debit card on our website, www.senecaforever.org via a PayPal link under the “Donate” button. Or just mail a check to Seneca Past & Present, Inc., PO Box 20856, Louisville, KY 40250-0856.
We are also listed on Kroger’s website as a Community Rewards organization.